Film commentary: “California’s Lost Tribes” (All questions worth 4 points)
1. Brenda Soulliere, tribal judge for the Cabazon Band, explains early in the film that the presence of casino money has caused a shift in popular stereotypes of Native Americans in this country. Describe this shift.
2. According to the film, why has casino gaming worked on reservations, when so many other attempts to develop viable businesses on Indian land have failed?
3. Why have tribes decided to sign gaming compacts with states, even though these compacts have stripped away a piece of tribal sovereignty?
4. Why do some states, like California, try to prevent terminated tribes from regaining federal recognition?
5. On what basis do non-Indian people protest casinos in California (for example, as depicted in the segment of the film concerning Graton Ranchería and the Rumsey Casino in Capay Valley)?
The post Film commentary: “California’s Lost Tribes” (All questions worth 4 points) appeared first on homeworkhandlers.com.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Film commentary: “California’s Lost Tribes” (All questions worth 4 points) was first posted on November 25, 2019 at 4:19 pm.
©2019 “Nursing Paper Tutors”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I lOVE this Professional essay writing website. This is perhaps the fifth time I am placing an order with them, and they have not failed me not once! My previous essays and research papers were of excellent quality, as always. With this essay writing website, you can order essays, coursework, projects, discussion, article critique, case study, term papers, research papers, research proposal, capstone project, reaction paper, movie review, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Post your homework questions and get original answers from qualified tutors!