Identify the challenges and reasons why some patients are reluctant to quit and evidenced based strategies that could assist Mrs Beech am to address this.
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
* References should not be more than 5 years
The question to be answered Topic ( 1. Mrs Beecham has a history of cardiovascular and respiratory disease where smoking is a clear risk factor. Using the current literature and pathophysiology explain the risk that smoking poses to her future health. Identify the challenges and reasons why some patients are reluctant to quit and evidenced based strategies that could assist Mrs Beecham to address this. Outline how you would explain the risks and potential outcomes to Mrs Beecham. )
• The word count for this written assignment will be 1650 words.
• You will be expected to use research or evidence-based journal articles (a minimum of five), textbooks and appropriate authoritative web sites (not Better Health Channel, Virtual Hospital, etc.), and all references used are to be no older than five years.
• All referencing is to be formatted intext and final list using the APA 6th Edn referencing style.
• A Table of Contents is required if headings are used in your assignment.
• provide an excellent introduction to your submission, and clearly explain how you intend to answer the topic question with Excellent paragraph structure.
• Professional language used throughout, with well-defined terms.
• Your conclusion provides a high quality summary of the major points covered in your
• You effectively linked quality research based evidence to justify each of your rationales.
THE CASE STUDY :
Mrs Dorothy (Dotty) Beecham is 74 years old, and has been admitted with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and query Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Mrs Beecham arrived in the emergency department, concerned about her increasing shortness of breath, high temperature, fatigue, ‘strange’ coloured sputum as well as pain and swelling in her right calf. Her clinical manifestations on admission were dyspnoea, fever, and chills. Mrs Beecham’s current medical history includes Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Myocardial infarction 2012, osteoarthritis (poor mobility and awaiting a Total Knee replacement), hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia, type 2 diabetes mellitus, varicose veins and 4 episodes of DVT in the last 2 years. Mrs Beecham states that she has been smoking upto 5 cigarettes/day since 2012 and prior to this 20 per day for 25 years despite knowing about her emphysema, heart disease and risks for further DVT’s. Her alcohol intake is limited to the1 small glass of port per day. Mrs Beecham is a retired machinist, who lives alone since her husband’s death 2 months ago. Her two children live in Qld and visit infrequently. She has one sister Ruby who brought her to the emergency department.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ALL NURSING ASSIGNMENTS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Identify the challenges and reasons why some patients are reluctant to quit and evidenced based strategies that could assist Mrs Beech am to address this. appeared first on All Nursing Assignments.
I lOVE this Professional essay writing website. This is perhaps the fifth time I am placing an order with them, and they have not failed me not once! My previous essays and research papers were of excellent quality, as always. With this essay writing website, you can order essays, coursework, projects, discussion, article critique, case study, term papers, research papers, research proposal, capstone project, reaction paper, movie review, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Post your homework questions and get original answers from qualified tutors!