TASK #1 — 1250 words Case Study I Scenario Part A
Task one has 3 (three) parts. You must complete all three parts. Consult the checklist before submitting your case study in order to ensure you have completed all necessary information.
Answer the following questions regarding the case study scenario below
As a Personal Trainer, you have been approached by a group of 6 adolescents (3 males and 3 females) aged 17 years old that would like to participate in small group training.
• They would like to train with you 4x per week, 2x indoor gym sessions and 2x outdoor sessions over a 12 week period
• They all currently playing mixed netball in an interschool’s competition
• Currently they have good agility skills and flexibility, however, need to improve their repeated sprint ability
• Their current training schedules consist of physical education classes at school that they participate in twice per week consisting of a variety of sports and general aerobicfitness
• Their specific goals are to improve their muscular endurance and anaerobic fitness so they can perform better on the court
• They are looking for a challenge that utilizes various types of personal training methodsthat they have not been exposed to before
• Keep in mind their study load is quite high as they are in year 11, so ensure you monitor their stress levels throughout your time training with them
The group will have the following training schedule outside of school hours
• Monday afternoon (outdoor training session)
• Tuesday afternoon (indoor training session)
• Wednesday (rest)
• Thursday (outdoor training session)
• Friday (indoor training session)
• Saturday (off)
• Sunday (off)
As their personal trainer, you have access to the fully equipped school gym and you require 25/48
the local city councils oval nearby.
*Special considerations: One of the male clients, Aaron, rolled his ankle quite badly 6 weeks ago and requires a clearance to participate in the training program. Other than that, he is a healthy individual
1. Complete the following profile to assess the current status of the hypothetical group of adolescents from the scenario above using the template below which can be found in your student portal under -Athlete Profile-.
INSERT/ SUBMIT: Provide your completed client profile for this client
2. Outline at least one (1) potential psychological, physical and social barrier that you may face when training individuals within a group environment_
3. DIscuss some different types of training techniques and equipment you could use to achieve the clients goals• Ensure you consider both the indoor and outdoor environments_
4, Describe two (2) strategies you could use to promote group adherence and maintain a high level of
Australian College of Sport & Fitness 201g Page 23 01 37 Chit in Friness Course Overview 1909A
Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
5, As the clients have requested to train outdoors twice per week, there are potential legal requirements involved.
5.1 Describe the process you would undergo to ensure you can legally utilise an outdoor public space.
5,2 Explain the type of legislation and local government requirements are relevant for training in open spaces?
5.3 In regards to the following areas of legislative concern, describe how you would successfully manage or cater for each area.
a. Health and safety of the clients
b. Duty of care to the clients
c. Privacy of clients personal information
d. Prevent any discrimination
e. Ensure you can legally work with adolescents
6. As a precaution, identify the signs and symptoms of major types of injuries typical to children and young adolescents
b. Shoulder instability
d. Joint hypermobility
7. Refer to the ACSF health club manual and state what the procedure or policy is in regard to the following
a.industry endorsed risk management protocols, exercise implications and referral requirements
b.ventilation and/or climate control
f. standards of personal presentation
g. participant’s clothing and footwear
h.use, care and maintenance of equipment
i. equipment use and maintenance
j. client supervision
TASK #2 —1000 words Case Study Scenario Part B
Task Two consists of two parts
Part 1 has six (7) questions,
Part 2 has a case study
Consult the checklist before submitting your case study in order to ensure you have completed all necessary information.
Task 2, Part 1 Questions
1. Managing logistics can be a challenge when training a small group. Describe how you would monitor and document each individual’s progression both during and after a session.
2. Identify are some important risks management strategies you would implement to ensure the safety of your group members for both indoor and outdoor sessions?
3. Provide three (3) relevant fitness tests that you would perform on the clients prior to undertaking small group personal training with you. Justify your selection of tests.
4. Explain how would you re-assess the clients over the following time frames to ensure you monitor results? Justify your responses.
5. Outline three (3) motivational techniques you would recommend for the client to adhere to the exercise program.
Australian College of Sport & Fitness 2019 Page 24 of 37 CV/ Pn Fitness Course Overview 1909A
Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
B. Working with a group can be challenging due to the various learning styles you will be required to deal with. In regards to the three (3) different learning styles below, describe how you could adapt your personal training methods to suit each one.
7. Describe the ‘stages of readiness’ for the Transtheoretical Theory relating to fitness participation,
Task 2, Part 2 — Case Study
Questions 1 – 6 relate to the case study below on Trent
Trent is a 29 year old male who has come to your fitness facility and recently hod an initial consultation conducted by you.
During the initial consultation, Trent reveals to you that his primary goal is to increase fitness 50 he can get healthier and have stamina for when he goes mountain bike riding. He informs you he would like to complete in a mountain climbing event in 6 months’ time however, Trent continues to say that he has been really struggling with motivation.
He is meant to train 7 days per week and reports that he allocates 2 hours after work for training
every day and on the weekends but never ends up sticking to the plan.
After a discussion, Trent informs you that he struggles with finding time to train because he is
always catching up with friends and eating out after work which is when he tries to train, He also
admits that he is not the most organized person and often gets side tracked quite easily which he
thinks doesn’t help.
1. Explain how the following could be potential barriers to Trent achieving his goals and participating in exercise_
a. Perceived vs. actual barriers
b. Low level of fitness
c. Time to train
2. Explain what each of these arousal control techniques are which could apply to Trent’s training and progression
towards his goals.
a. Anxiety management
b. Progressive relaxation
c. Stress management
Australian College of Sport & Fitness 2019 Page 25 of 37 CIV in Friness Course Overview 1909A
AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF
Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
3. Explain how you would evaluate the following for Trent
c. the stages of change
4. Explain how the following strategies can promote behavior change for Trent
c. Reinforcement and feedback
e. Decision balance sheet and progress charts
f. Social support and enjoyment
g. Exercise variety
h. Group training
i. Fitness testing
5. Explain how you would ensure Trent’s initial consultation documents would be kept secure and confidentiality within a fitness facility.
Be sure to address how these documents would be kept confidential and secure.
TASK #3 —1000 words CONSULTATION & CLIENT PROFILE
2. Consultation (1000 Words)
This part of the task requires students to find a client who has is a younger adult/ adolescent, gain their or
guardian consent to participate and conduct screening and testing in order to deliver appropriate programming to the client
Conduct a client indication and fitness appraisal using the documents you have prepared within your CIII in Fitness for your Client If you do not have a copy of these you will have to Create one for this task. Ensure that you allow clients suitable opportunity and time to ask questions throughout ali this process. Your client induction and fitness appraisal must include the following:
This will include:
a_ Consent Forms completed
b_ Completed client profile (see student portal resources for Case study 1)
c. APSS Pre-exercise questionnaire Stage 1 and 2
d_ Fitness tests (monitoring for intolerance signs and symptoms)
e_ SMART goals (both short and long term goals)
INSERT/ SUBMIT: Provide all completed induction and appraisal documentation listed above
© Australian College of Sport & Fitness 2019 Page 26 of 37 CIV Mn Fnness Course Overview 1909A
AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OF Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
TASK #4 – 500 words PLANNING & PROGRAMMING
Task 4 has two (2) parts. You must complete both pars. Consult the checklist before submitting your case study in order to ensure you have completed all necessary information,
3. Planning (500 words)
3.1.This task requires you to develop a personal training program for your client. To start you need to use the
results from your consultation arid provide an explanation of the program you plan to develop. Explain the following:
a_ Techniques for exercises and activities
b_ Appropriate core lifts and exercises to include in the session
c_ Fitness components you plan to target in the session
d_ Appropriate motivational techniques or strategies to incorporate
e_ Strategies to reduce the risk of injury
f. Types of equipment required
g_ Details on time frames required to achieve their goal
3.2. Plan to conduct sessions in open spaces by
a_ Identify a local outdoor area to conduct a training session and list the relevant local government requirements and regulations to use that space
b_ identify a minimal impact technique on the environment for your session in this area
c, Discuss how you would promote sustainability and minimise impact on the environment when undertaking your sessions outdoors.
4. Programming (Word limit not applicable)
The second part of this task requires students to three (3) develop a full training session for your client taking their training needs into consideration.
Develop a three (3) detailed 60 min program that works on improving a specific goal that you have chosen for your client. Complete all sections in the program card. You must use the -Program template- provided on your student portal
INSERT/ SUBMIT: Provide your completed programs you developed for this client 29/48
(D Australian College of Sport & Fitness 2019 Page 27 of 37 CIV in Fitness Course Overview 1909A
Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
ALISTP.A.LIAN COLLECE OF
TASK #5 — 500 words CONDUCTING SESSIONS
Task 5 has two (2) parts. You must complete both parts. Consult the checklist before submitting your case study in order to ensure you have completed all necessary information.
1. Client sessions (Word limit not applicable)
Students are now required to implement the program they developed in the Task 4. Conduct a minimum of three
(3) sessions with your client for which one must be in an outdoor space. Each session must be a minimum of 60 minutes in
In each session ensure that you:
a. Check the training area and equipment for safety
b. Demonstrate correct and safe use of equipment
c. Communicate the session objectives
d. Advise clients of appropriate behaviours/use in open space environments and address any unacceptable behaviours.
e. Instruct and supervise the session
f. Monitor safety, intensity and technique
g. Provide appropriate motivation and instruction
h. Request feedback from your client in order to evaluate your awn performance
i. Ask your client to keep a training diary
Australian College of Sport & Fitness 201g Page 28 oI 37 CIV FririeSS Course Overview 1909A
Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
AUSTRALIAN COLLEGE OP
At the completion of your 3 sessions, retest your client’s fitness.
2. Summary (500 words)
Obtain feedback from your client and perform a self-evaluation. Answer the following question once you have analysed the feedback:
2.1. Describe what some possible modifications you would make to your program to improve it?
2.2. Describe what were the positive and negative aspects of your session? Please provide some constructive feedback.
2.3. Explain how they performed in the follow up fitness test after your training sessions. 2.4. Describe how the program was suitable to the developmental stage of the adolescent?
TASK #6 – 750 words EVALUATION & REVIEW
Task 6 has three (3) parts. You must complete all 3 parts. Consult the checklist before submitting your case study in order to ensure you have completed all necessary information.
Once you have completed your client sessions, it is time to review the program and make modifications where necessary. It is also time to review your own performance for the purposes of professional development
After reviewing your client sessions, retesting them and reviewing their training and nutrition diaries. explain the recommendations you would make for your client in order to ensure they continue to work towards their goal.
Your recommendations must include recommendations for:
5. Future modifications
After reviewing your client sessions, what modifications would you make to the program in future? Explain the modifications you might reasonable expect to make in 3 months, 6 months and 12 months?
6. Review of own performance
Using the feedback you requested from your client and your own observations, evaluate your performance as a trainer. What were your limitations? How would you address these?
(0 Australian College of Sport & Fitness 2019 Page 29 of 31 CIV in Filness Course Overview 1909A
AU5TRALIAN COLLEGE OF Certificate IV in Fitness Overview
Checklist – Case Stud- 2
Case Study/ Scenario
Task L Word limit 1500 words
^ Client profile
^ Training techniques
El Exercise adherence
^ Legal requirements
Task 2, Word limit 1300 words
^ Client progression
^ Risk management
^ Fitness testing
^ Learning styles
^ Case Study
Client related documentation and records
Task 3: Word limit 1000 words
^ Client consultation and appraisal
Consent form + Client profile + APSS + Fitness tests
Task Word limit 500 words
^ Program planning
^ Session programming for three (3) sessions
Task 5: Word limit 500 words
^ Client sessions implementation and summary
^ Review and reflection questions
Task 6: Word limit 750 words
^ Future modifications
^ Performance review
The post TASK #1 — 1250 words Case Study I Scenario Part A appeared first on Essay Cola.
I lOVE this Professional essay writing website. This is perhaps the fifth time I am placing an order with them, and they have not failed me not once! My previous essays and research papers were of excellent quality, as always. With this essay writing website, you can order essays, coursework, projects, discussion, article critique, case study, term papers, research papers, research proposal, capstone project, reaction paper, movie review, speech/presentation, book report/review, annotated bibliography, and more.
Post your homework questions and get original answers from qualified tutors!